© 2019 Airi All rights reserved
It is insufficient to have an engaged Instagram following that likes and comments on your posts. If you want to convert your audience from interested followers to paying customers, you must also use Instagram to drive traffic from the social platform to your website.
Here are the five ways to use Instagram to drive website traffic:
If you own a small business today, you must have a website along with a presence on relevant social media platforms. Instagram, in particular, has emerged as the preferred social platform among millennials. People use Instagram as a new type of search engine besides uploading photos of their daily activities.
Because there are so many people on Instagram, having an account just for your business is a great way to gain customers and draw attention. However, if you run a business, gaining followers isn’t the end goal. The real goal is to drive traffic from your Instagram account to your website, where you can convert followers into leads and customers.
- Link your site in your bio: One limitation of using Instagram to drive traffic to your website is that there is no option to include links within your post captions. You can, however, append one primary, clickable link in your bio.
And, using the following strategies, you can optimize that link to drive more traffic.
• Include a call-to-action in your bio that tells users why they should click on the link and what they will gain from doing so. For example, if you have a free eBook, include something like “Click below for a free 30-page guide.”
• If you have a long URL, use Bit.ly to shorten it and avoid long, unattractive URLs. You’ll also be able to track how many times that link has been clicked if you create an account.
• Use a service like Linktree or Lnk.Bio if you have a lot of links to promote. These tools allow you to add a single link to your bio that opens up choices for other connections, allowing you to promote numerous links at once.
- Direct your users to bio link in post comments: Don’t expect your viewers to click on your bio links on their own. Start directing audiences to that link in your post comments once you’ve built up a link system in your bio. Append a caption with your graphic that tells readers how they can learn more or obtain something exceptional by visiting your profile and clicking on the bio link. By describing the value or benefit they will receive by clicking your link, you can persuade them to take action.
- Add links to your Instagram story: While you can’t link to the content in posts, you can link to the content in stories. There is, however, one stipulation: you must have a business account with at least 10,000 followers. This is a terrific technique to seed links in your content and utilize Instagram to generate traffic to your website if you have a significant following.
You can do the following:
• Create a story.
• Include a link to the story.
• Include a call-to-action that explains why users should go to your website.
• Persuade users to swipe up to see the link (as that is the process for opening a link in a story)
You can tell users to message you for the link if you don’t have enough followers to put a link in your story. Users can easily send you a direct message (DM) from the story. So, ask them to write you a DM and send back you the link for a simple sharing mechanism.
- Link to your site in IGTV video descriptions: If you don’t have 10,000 Instagram followers, you can still use your videos to increase traffic. You can take advantage of IGTV. IGTV is an Instagram feature that allows you to publish videos and build a content library. When uploading from your phone, videos can be anywhere from one to fifteen minutes long, and when uploading from a computer, videos can be anywhere from one to sixty minutes long. When you make an IGTV video, you can include a link in the description to direct viewers to your website. You can share a link to your IGTV video in your Instagram story once it’s been created. Link to your IGTV footage if you don’t have 10,000 followers and can’t link in your story. This will direct people to your IGTV video, which will contain the link you want them to click.
- Links to products using Instagram shopping: Use Instagram Shopping to increase traffic and sales on the platform. Instagram Shopping transforms your posts and page into a storefront, allowing visitors to click on your posts, view prices, and be routed to your website to complete a purchase.
This is a brainy method to increase visitors while also initiating sales. To shop on Instagram, follow these steps:
Make sure you’ve got a business account and are in one of the supported markets.
• Create a Facebook Catalog and a business manager account.
• In your posts, include links to products.
• By mentioning them in your caption and giving a CTA to click to shop, you can let your audience know that they can shop on your posts.
• Use product stickers to direct visitors to your products in your Instagram Stories.
You may also sell directly to Instagram users. Decide whether selling directly on Instagram or sending people to your website to sell there is better for your business.
You can see why having an Instagram account is so vital for your business. It helps you not only raise brand awareness and engage your audience but also increase crucial website traffic. Use these methods to attract traffic to your website using Instagram.
Then learn how RockIMS can assist you in becoming even more efficient. Learn how RockIMS can help you manage and optimize your social profiles, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.